Monday, April 29, 2024

Asteroid City (Wes Anderson, 2023)


 
Whenever I try to write about Wes' films I lose my words and feel like a fucking idiot. Wes' films are so great that my humble English cannot describe. Because the image is poetic in a most authentic and idiosyncratic way, that whatever you write would be crap. I saw Asteroid City and once more Wes didn't disappoint not even for one minute of the film. His skill in building intriguing, multi-dimensional characters is absolutely perfected and in Asteroid City. You think that you are going to touch those characters. And then is the actual visual of the film where you simply have nothing to add. I believe that in a way all Wes' movies are science fiction films if you think about it. His view of the world around us is close to an alien. An ingenious, aesthetically exceptionally gifted, alien. I think that Wes will take cinema where nowhere else has gone before one day, if he hasn't done it already. 
His prose is totally unbelievable. He has deep, serious, thought-provoking matters in his film that are been thrown in that roulette of his and after some time, during the movie, you feel that your head spins from all that. All of those elements can be found again here in Asteroid City and in a way that it looks and smells fresh like it's his first movie. If the world around us was learning something from Wes' universe we would be living in a much better world, I can assure you about that. And I know that I get a bit grandioso when I speak about Wes' art, but for me is the most truthful artist that I know out there. And that is the epitome of success for me.     

No comments:

Post a Comment